The Northern Rivers was well represented among the winners in the 2014 North Coast Tourism Awards announced at a gala dinner at the historic Trial Bay Gaol at South West Rocks. Our Northern Rivers Region boasted 39 finalists and local businesses were winners in 12 of 19 categories.
• Tourist attractions – Silver: Cape Byron State Conservation
• Major Festival and Events – Gold: Byron Bay Bluesfest
• Tourism Visitor Information Centres – Gold: Lismore Nimbin Visitor Information Centre
• Ecotourism – Silver: Byron Eco Cruises and Kayaks
• Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services – Gold: Byron Beach Café,
• Indigenous Tourism – Gold: Arakwal Dolphin Dreaming Cape Byron
• Backpacker Accommodation – Gold: Nimbin Rox YHA
• Destination Marketing: Bronze – Destination Tweed
• Unique Accommodation – Gold: Byron Bay Cottages, Cape Byron
• Encouragement Award – FlashCamp, The Tweed
• Hosted Accommodation – Silver: Alstonville Country Cottages, Ballina
• New Tourism Development – Silver: Tabatinga Fun Centre, The Tweed, Bronze: CanGoEverywhere.com.au
It comes as no surprise that our North Coast tourism businesses are well represented as we rank third in the country for overnight domestic visitors after Sydney and Melbourne. Internationally we welcome over 200,000 visitors each year to the region.
Congratulations to all the winners. For more information go to: www.destinationnsw.com.au