Small businesses in the Mullumbimby area will benefit from a new partnership between State and Federal Government agencies to provide coordinated, practical advice, plus save valuable time, according to NSW Small Business Minister John Barilaro.
”The NSW Liberals & Nationals are ensuring that small businesses in regional areas are well supported through specialised programs,” Mr Barilaro said.
“We know that accessing specialist services and information can be challenging in regional NSW and the Government is determined to ensure that distance is not a disadvantage.”
The Small Biz Bus will visit Mullumbimby on Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 November with the following agencies on board:
- - Australian Competition and Consumer Commission – information on rights and obligations under competition and consumer protection laws.
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission – managing businesses under a company or business name structure and other obligations.
- AusIndustry – information and advice on Australian Government Business programmes and services.
- Australian Taxation Office – managing tax and super obligations.
- Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner – identify systemic issues facing small business and providing dispute resolution services.
- Service NSW – a one-stop-shop offering access to business licences and other business services.
- Small Biz Connect – general business advice, including ‘starting a business’, ‘taking the next step’, ‘ensuring your business is sustainable’ and marketing.
- WorkCover – free work health and safety advice to local businesses and workers.
Minister for Finance and Services, Dominic Perrottet, encouraged small business owners to drop by the Small Biz Bus and meet the Service NSW team.
“Come along and chat to our friendly Service NSW staff who can demonstrate our digital services including a range of Business Licensing services and Working with Children checks.”
The Small Biz Bus will be at Station Street, Mullumbimby (corner of Burringbar Street) on Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 12 November from 9am to 3pm.
This partnership approach to delivering Government support services is part of the Office of the NSW Small Business Commissioner’s Regional Activation Program.