Your Business Can Achieve Water Savings
Rous Water’s Blue and Green Business program is an ongoing program designed to support business to make the change to more water efficient infrastructure and practices. The program has been used across a whole range of business types including food processing, laundries, motels, caravan parks, as well as office and retail businesses.
In some cases the savings are achieved through simple measures such as converting single flush toilets to dual flush toilets. Other simple and cost effective measures have included installation of water efficient tapware and showerheads as well as installation of rainwater tanks for uses such as pool top-up, toilet flushing and in washing machines, or the change over to new water efficient washing machines.
Some of the biggest water savings have been achieved in the tourist and accommodation business sector. Under the Blue and Green Program Ballina Headlands Leisure Park has made some outstanding water savings over the last 3 years.
Ballina Headlands Leisure Park – A Water Efficiency Success Story
Ballina Headlands Leisure Park operates as a caravan park, with 125 long-term sites (approximately 200 residents) & 75 short term sites, including cabins, caravans and camp sites. Park owner and manager, Graeme Gray, says “We were using a lot of water. Our business was regularly in the top ten highest water users for Rous Water. With the cost of water ever increasing and our aim to improve the sustainability and the environmental friendliness of our business, we had to look at water saving projects”.
Working closely with Rous Water over recent years, the Park has undertaken a staged approach to implementing several water saving projects, resulting in a dramatic 50% decrease in water consumption. The projects have included:
- Installation of rainwater tanks, gathering water from shed roofline to refill resort pool & spa.
- Installation and introduction of water meters to 125 long term sites, whereby residents’ are now on a user pays system.
- Purchase of 4 front load washing machines to replace 4 top load washing machines in the park laundry.
- The upgrade of toilets in amenities building to dual-flush toilets.
- Installation of 2 waterless urinals to replace old urinal.
Graeme said that the incentive of some funding from Rous Water helped push the projects forward and that the long-term benefits, both financially and environmentally are enormous. “Personally it has been very rewarding to see that our hard work to introduce these water saving measures has been so successful” he said.
For more information on how your business can save water and money go to www.rouswater.nsw.gov.au.
Save on Business Bills
Water Tune-Up Your Business
Be a water efficient business
The Northern Rivers has its own water efficient businesses…
How Can My Business be Water Efficient?
Your Business Can Achieve Water Savings
Water Savings in Business - How to Get Started
Water Saving in Your Business - The Easy 3
Water Savings Success
Peter Fowler Collins Hume
Collins Hume has over 12 years experience in finance and is a specialist in driving business forward while working smarter not harder. Awarded CPA Australia’s Top 40 Young Business Leaders 2012 he helps make things happen.
Here are Peter Fowler's Expert articles:
- Some Business Owners Get it. How Can You?Mar 22, 2013
Leo Senese RBS morgans
Leo Senese, RBS Morgans, with 17 years of experience in the financial markets with Westpac, Goldman Sachs JB and RBS Morgans he is a specialist in income investments. His primary focus is to generate tax effective enhanced income solutions.
Here are Leo Senese's Expert articles:
- Get Global Commodity Exposure in the Australian Share MarketAug 30, 2011
- The Changing Face of Fixed InterestNov 30, 2011
- Are you prepared for Retirement?Mar 13, 2012
- Don't Pay More Tax Than You Have ToJun 14, 2012
- Working Your Cash HarderSep 03, 2012
- Getting the Best Yield for Your InvestmentNov 30, 2012
- Cash Rate Falls: Yield Remains King!Mar 22, 2013
Clayton Oates QA Business
Clayton Oates, QA Business, our Channel 7 business efficiency guru cuts through the red tape and helps you streamline your business to make things happen.
Here are Clayton Oates's Expert articles:
- Business Costs - Are They Adding Value?Aug 12, 2010
- Moments of TruthNov 16, 2010
- Is your Accountant Necessary?May 09, 2011
- Where Has Our “Disposable Time” Gone?Jun 07, 2011
- Using the Internet to Buy LocallyAug 30, 2011
- Is your head in the Cloud?Nov 30, 2011
- Do Apps – Add Up?Mar 13, 2012
- Future Shock – It’s Here AgainJun 14, 2012
- The Cloud - What’s Old is New AgainSep 03, 2012
- How Disruptive is your Business?Nov 30, 2012
- Clouds Have Different ShapesMar 22, 2013
Meg Nichols EnviTE Inc
General Manager EnviTE Inc, providing advice on the Northern Rivers employment market, recruitment, industry trends and best practice.
Here are Meg Nichols's Expert articles:
Moyra Burke-Smith AM Marketing
Moyra Burke-Smith, AM Marketing – with over 20 years of marketing experience for both small and large companies in Europe and Australia she is our expert at making your marketing work for your business. In her spare time she makes a mean mojito.
Here are Moyra Burke-Smith's Expert articles:
- Make Them HappyAug 12, 2010
- 7 Sins of MarketingNov 17, 2010
- Sins of Marketing part 2May 09, 2011
- Get HelpJun 07, 2011
- Promote Your Company WellAug 30, 2011
- Get Into E-tailNov 30, 2011
- Are You Loyal to Your Customers?Mar 13, 2012
- You Are Your BusinessJun 14, 2012
- Social Media - Making it Work for Your BusinessMar 22, 2013
Roly Barrett Green Up
Roly Barrett is a Sustainability Assessor & Solar Energy Advisor and Sales Manager of Greenup Australia, a Ballina solar and energy efficiency company. Roly spends a lot of time on roofs across the Northern Rivers assessing solar potential and in restaurants
Here are Roly Barrett's Expert articles:
Scott Hales Barefoot Telecom
Barefoot Telecom has been in the telecommunications industry for 14 years, working in many different roles for a number of providers. He is passionate about providing exceptional customer service and building long standing relationships with his clientele.
Here are Scott Hales's Expert articles:
- Communicate The Way YOU Want ToMar 22, 2013
The Small Print:
Notice: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this publication the publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions or resultant consequences, including any loss or damage arising from the reliance on information in this publication. The views expressed in Northern Rivers Business Magazine are not necessarily endorsed by the editor or publisher. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form, or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, internet or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.