Make 2012 The Year for Thriving in Your Business
The Northern Rivers BEC is a Not-For-Profit community organisation established to support local businesses through training, one-on-one support, mentoring and networking. See how they have helped local business Eco Chic…
Local business, Eco Chic, sought assistance from the Northern Rivers BEC during their start-up phase. Eco Chic is an online furniture shop showcasing eco friendly furniture and homewares throughout Australia, founded and created by interior designers Cris Bucknall and Paula Beckman.
“We always believed we had a great idea, but we did not have enough money to do it properly. We went looking for a small business loan and found that traditional banks were very risk averse. The Northern Rivers BEC looked at our business plan and shepherded us through the process of getting a microenterprise loan through NAB. We got a great interest rate and would not have even been considered had NORBEC not supported us,” says Eco Chic co-founder Cris Bucknall.
“More recently, we needed marketing advice, but being a start-up, we could not afford to hire a firm. Northern Rivers BEC did the research and put us in touch with someone who could help. They had a lot of good ideas and insight, many of which cost nothing at all to implement…all for free.”
The Northern Rivers BEC offers free one-on-one consultations with its advisors based in Tweed Heads, Byron / Ballina, Lismore and the Clarence Valley. They also present workshops for new and established businesses, with upcoming workshops listed at www.norbec.com.au.
“The Northern Rivers BEC offers more than just good business advice for free. They are invaluable in that the advice is not compromised by any vested interest. I went to Northern Rivers BEC wanting them to pick my plan apart, to show up its weaknesses and set me in the right direction or tell me to move on. The fact that they thought it was such a great idea and were willing to offer support gave me the confidence to move forward,” says Ms Bucknall.
Eco Chic products can be found at www.ecochic.com.au
Northern Rivers BEC information can be found at www.norbec.com.au
Make 2012 The Year for Thriving in Your Business
Peter Fowler Collins Hume
Collins Hume has over 12 years experience in finance and is a specialist in driving business forward while working smarter not harder. Awarded CPA Australia’s Top 40 Young Business Leaders 2012 he helps make things happen.
Here are Peter Fowler's Expert articles:
- Some Business Owners Get it. How Can You?Mar 22, 2013
Leo Senese RBS morgans
Leo Senese, RBS Morgans, with 17 years of experience in the financial markets with Westpac, Goldman Sachs JB and RBS Morgans he is a specialist in income investments. His primary focus is to generate tax effective enhanced income solutions.
Here are Leo Senese's Expert articles:
- Get Global Commodity Exposure in the Australian Share MarketAug 30, 2011
- The Changing Face of Fixed InterestNov 30, 2011
- Are you prepared for Retirement?Mar 13, 2012
- Don't Pay More Tax Than You Have ToJun 14, 2012
- Working Your Cash HarderSep 03, 2012
- Getting the Best Yield for Your InvestmentNov 30, 2012
- Cash Rate Falls: Yield Remains King!Mar 22, 2013
Clayton Oates QA Business
Clayton Oates, QA Business, our Channel 7 business efficiency guru cuts through the red tape and helps you streamline your business to make things happen.
Here are Clayton Oates's Expert articles:
- Business Costs - Are They Adding Value?Aug 12, 2010
- Moments of TruthNov 16, 2010
- Is your Accountant Necessary?May 09, 2011
- Where Has Our “Disposable Time” Gone?Jun 07, 2011
- Using the Internet to Buy LocallyAug 30, 2011
- Is your head in the Cloud?Nov 30, 2011
- Do Apps – Add Up?Mar 13, 2012
- Future Shock – It’s Here AgainJun 14, 2012
- The Cloud - What’s Old is New AgainSep 03, 2012
- How Disruptive is your Business?Nov 30, 2012
- Clouds Have Different ShapesMar 22, 2013
Meg Nichols EnviTE Inc
General Manager EnviTE Inc, providing advice on the Northern Rivers employment market, recruitment, industry trends and best practice.
Here are Meg Nichols's Expert articles:
Moyra Burke-Smith AM Marketing
Moyra Burke-Smith, AM Marketing – with over 20 years of marketing experience for both small and large companies in Europe and Australia she is our expert at making your marketing work for your business. In her spare time she makes a mean mojito.
Here are Moyra Burke-Smith's Expert articles:
- Make Them HappyAug 12, 2010
- 7 Sins of MarketingNov 17, 2010
- Sins of Marketing part 2May 09, 2011
- Get HelpJun 07, 2011
- Promote Your Company WellAug 30, 2011
- Get Into E-tailNov 30, 2011
- Are You Loyal to Your Customers?Mar 13, 2012
- You Are Your BusinessJun 14, 2012
- Social Media - Making it Work for Your BusinessMar 22, 2013
Roly Barrett Green Up
Roly Barrett is a Sustainability Assessor & Solar Energy Advisor and Sales Manager of Greenup Australia, a Ballina solar and energy efficiency company. Roly spends a lot of time on roofs across the Northern Rivers assessing solar potential and in restaurants
Here are Roly Barrett's Expert articles:
Scott Hales Barefoot Telecom
Barefoot Telecom has been in the telecommunications industry for 14 years, working in many different roles for a number of providers. He is passionate about providing exceptional customer service and building long standing relationships with his clientele.
Here are Scott Hales's Expert articles:
- Communicate The Way YOU Want ToMar 22, 2013
The Small Print:
Notice: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information in this publication the publisher accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions or resultant consequences, including any loss or damage arising from the reliance on information in this publication. The views expressed in Northern Rivers Business Magazine are not necessarily endorsed by the editor or publisher. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form, or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, internet or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.